INFORMATION ABOUT US
http://www.villagedoorstep.com is a site operated by Village Doorstep Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 11893737 and have our registered office at Beech House, Aldwark, York. YO61 1UB. We are the controller of your personal information. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we collect, store and use personal information about you.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ON OUR WEBSITE AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
When you visit our website and/or place an order we will collect personal information from you. If you browse our website we will collect personal information via cookies. If you create an account with us we will collect personal information from you. We will collect your full name, your address, a contact telephone number and your email address. We will use this information to set up and administer your account, to keep details of your orders and to make sure the check-out process is more convenient for you.
If you sign up (online) to receive news, offers or events we will collect your full name, e-mail address and any marketing preferences which you might have provided to us. We will use your personal information to send you information about these things. You can, of course, opt out of receiving these at any time and an option to unsubscribe will be given.
WHAT IS OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Under data protection law we must have a legal reason to use your personal information. We have set these out below.When you create an account or purchase products, services or events we will use your personal information on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you.When you sign up for news, offers, events and new product launches we will only use your personal information on the basis that you have given us your consent. You can, of course, opt out of receiving these at any time and an option to unsubscribe will be given in each e-mail should you decide that you don’t want to receive these anymore.Where we use your personal information for the purposes of meeting any legal or compliance obligations we will do this on the basis that it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON’T PROVIDE THE INFORMATION WE HAVE ASKED FOR?
If you don’t provide the personal information we need when we ask for it, we may not be able to respond to you, enter into a contract with you or meet our obligations under it.
WILL WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING?
We do not use your personal information to make automated decisions about you.
CAN WE CHANGE THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will only use your personal information for the purposes set out above unless another reason that is compatible with those original purposes.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will keep your personal information (other than that relating to marketing) in our active systems for six years.
WHO WILL WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH?
We may share your personal information with trusted third parties from time to time. We will not, however, share your personal information with a third party for marketing purposes unless we have your consent to do this. We do not sell any personal information to any third party so that they can send you their marketing material.
WILL WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE UK/EEA?
At the present time we do not transfer your personal information outside of the EEA.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties (see above) who have a business need-to-know. They are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), (the UK regulator for data protection issues. See http://www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO and so, if you are happy to do so, please contact us in the first instance and we will try to resolve your issue.
You also have a number of other rights over your personal information, which are:
- the right to ask us what personal information we have about you and to have a copy of your personal information from us;
- the right to ask us to correct any errors in your personal information;
- the right to object to our legitimate interests and our profiling activities where these are based on our legitimate interests;
- the right to object to us sending you marketing communications;
- the right to ask us to provide you with a copy of the personal information you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit that personal information to another entity where: (i) we are using your personal information on the basis of your consent or on the basis that it is necessary to perform a contract with you; and(ii) the use we are making of your personal information is carried out by automated means;
- the right to ask us to delete your personal information where: (i) we don’t need your personal information anymore; (ii) you withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information and we have no other legal basis to keep your personal information; (iii) you have asked us to review and explain our legitimate interests to you and we don’t actually have a valid legitimate interest to do what we are doing; (iv) our use of your personal information is illegal; (v) we have to delete your personal information to comply with our legal obligations;
- the right to ask us to restrict the use that we are making of your personal information where: (i) you don’t think the personal information we have about you is correct, so that we can check if it is correct; (ii) what we are doing with your personal information is illegal but you would rather we stop using your personal information rather than delete it; (iii) we don’t need your personal information anymore, but you need us to keep it so that you can exercise any legal rights; and (iv) you have asked us to review and explain our legitimate interests to you, so that we can check whether we actually have a valid legitimate interest to do what we are doing;
- The right to ask us to transfer your personal information in certain circumstances; and
- where our use of your personal information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US